What is Soul Fuel?
Soul Fuel is an oasis from pressure, perfectionism, competition, and conformity. The goal is to form friendships and do things that make us happy. We play games, are creative, and give our time and talent in service for others.
When do we meet?
We meet on Sundays at 4pm a couple times a month. Below are the dates we plan to meet. Stay tuned for what we will do based on what is safe!
- September 20 – frisbee golf & start of the year ceremony
- October 4 – Erikson Woods
- October 18 – Mission Trip Info Session. Contact Megan for the Zoom details.
- November 1 – a socially distanced gathering in Byrd & Ian Fisher’s backyard. RSVP or register on Realm.
- December 13 – visit the Lincoln Park Zoo Lights! RSVP or register on Realm. Parents driving down are invited, too!
- January 10
- January 31
- February 7
- February 21
- March 7
- March 21
- April 11
- April 25
- May 9
- May 23 – senior recognition ceremony & last meeting of the year. 8th graders (rising 9th graders) invited!
Who is Soul Fuel for?
All ninth through twelfth graders and their friends and family.
Can I come to Soul Fuel even if I’m not a member of Christ Church?
YES! EVERYONE is welcome at Soul Fuel! You don’t have to be religous, Christian, Confirmed, or a member of the church. Come as you are, wherever you are on your spiritual journey.
How are high school youth leaders at Christ Church?
Below are additional opportunities to participate in our community.
- In Sunday worship: sing in the choir, serve as an acolyte and/or verger, read as a lector or intercessor, be a chalice bearer at communion.
- Assist with the Backpack Blessing
- Direct the Christmas Pageant
- Give a talk at the Confirmation Retreat
- On Youth Sunday, preach a short sermon: May 9
- Mission Trip to Appalachia Red Bird Mission in Beverly, KY: June 12-19, 2021
Megan Miller + Director of Youth Ministries + (917) 930-7620