Soul Fuel is Christ Church’s high school youth group. Join us! All are welcome.
What is Soul Fuel?
Soul Fuel is an oasis from pressure, perfectionism, competition, and conformity. The goal is to form friendships and do things that make us happy. We play games, are creative, and give our time and talent in service for others.
When do we meet?
We meet on Sundays at 4pm a couple times a month. Our plans, which could change, are below. Email Megan with ideas and requests!
- September 20 – team-building activity & start of the year ceremony
- October 4 – an Escape Room.
- October 18 – Mission Trip Information Session
- November 8 – “Elves off the Shelves” make cookie care packages for college students
- November 22 – prepare a Mission Trip fundraiser to sell at Wrap N Roll
- December 20 – Go see Zoo Lights together
- January 10 – prepare Mission Trip fundraiser to sell at the Pancake Supper
- January 31 – indoor rock climbing
- February 7 – Super Bowl Party & Valentine cookie care packages for college students
- February 21
- March 7 – a local service project, like making care packages for C24/7
- March 21 – go bowling
- April 11
- April 25 – help out at Young Family Potluck?
- May 9
- May 23 – senior recognition ceremony & last meeting of the year
Who is Soul Fuel for?
All ninth through twelfth graders and their friends.
How are high school youth leaders at Christ Church?
Below are additional opportunities to participate in our community.
- In Sunday worship: sing in the choir, serve as an acolyte and/or verger, read as a lector or intercessor, be a chalice bearer at communion.
- Assist with the Backpack Blessing: October 13
- Direct the Christmas Pageant: Rehearsal December 12 / Performance December 13
- Give a talk at the Confirmation Retreat: January 22-23
- On Youth Sunday, preach a short sermon: May 9
- Mission Trip to Appalachia Red Bird Mission in Beverly, KY: June 12-19, 2021
Megan Miller + Director of Youth Ministries + (917) 930-7620