We invite all 7th and 8th graders to join our Confirmation Program! Like all of our children and youth programs the goal of this two year program is for the youth to feel connected to God, the church and each other, and the world. We explore our faith with the Bible, Book of Common Prayer, clergy, mentors, and life experiences. Service to the church and our wider community are a big part of Confirmation, as well as having fun together! Through it all we hope to form life-long friendships. All 7th and 8th graders are part of a small group with two adult volunteer mentors throughout the two years of the program. Click here for more information on the Sacrament of Confirmation.
The three parts of Confirmation:
- Learning about ourselves and our faith.
- Having fun and building community and friendships.
- Being of service to our church community and our wider community.
The Confirmation learning and fun gatherings are centered around a monthly theme. Themes include: unity, love, being inspired by others, Christmas, ways to make the world a better place, making mistakes, revelation and insightful truths, making decisions, and spiritual practices.
- Clergy Talks for 7th and 8th graders: Monday, September 21 at 6pm; Sunday, October 25 at 4pm; Monday, November 9 at 6pm; Monday, February 22 at 6pm; Monday, March 22 at 6pm; Monday, April 26 at 6pm
- Grade Specific Gatherings with small group break-out activities led by mentors
- 7th Grade: Thursday, September 17 at 6pm; Tuesday, October 6 at 6pm; Tuesday, November 3 at 6pm; Tuesday, December 1 at 6pm; Thursday, January 7 at 6pm; Thursday, February 4 at 6pm; Thursday, March 4 at 6pm; Thursday, April 8 at 6pm; Thursday, May 6 at 6pm
- 8th Grade: Tuesday, September 29 at 6pm; Thursday, October 22 at 6pm; Monday, November 23 at 6pm; Tuesday, December 15 at 6pm; Tuesday, January 12 at 6pm; Tuesday, February 9 at 6pm; Monday, March 8 at 6pm; Tuesday, April 20 at 6pm
- Plans to be confirmed and could change! Monday, August 24 in the afternoon, Dive into Youth Ministry; Friday, September 11 at 6pm, Second City; Sat, October 17 at 1pm, Grace House/St. Leonard’s; Sunday, November 15 at 2pm, Hull House; Friday, January 29 at 6pm, ice skating; Sunday, March 14 at 1pm, Art Institute; Friday, April 16, 6pm bowling; Sunday, May 16 at 2pm, Bahai Temple
- Wrap N Roll: December 6 volunteers volunteers needed 3:30-7pm
- Pancake Supper, February 16, volunteers needed 4-7:30pm
- Hide Easter Eggs on Sunday, April 4 at 8am
- Family Promise (plan with small group)
- A Just Harvest (plan with small group)
Friends are always welcome!
To join the Confirmation Program, please complete the registration form: click here.
We are creating Confirmation t-shirts to wear when we volunteer. To vote on a design, click here to take the t-shirt survey.
Keeping God’s People Safe
The Christ Church community is committed to maintaining a safe and supportive atmosphere for our children and youth. To foster a secure environment, we provide Keeping God’s People Safe training to all who work with our children and youth, including church school teachers, mentors, clergy, and staff. This training sensitizes us to the dangers of child sexual abuse and teaches us to recognize and prevent situations in which abuse or exploitation might occur. Please contact the parish office if you have any questions regarding this training.