An Important Part of Sunday Worship
View to the ACOLYTE SCHEDULE
Acolytes are lay worship leaders. They carry crosses, candles, and other items in procession. Becoming an acolyte is a great way for young people to participate in the service, see worship from a new perspective, and feel ownership and belonging in the community. Anyone that is in 5th grade and up can acolyte!
The acolyte roles are:
- Crucifer (one person): The most experienced acolyte. Leads the procession holding the cross.
- Book/plate (one person): Carries the Gospel during the procession. Gives and receives the offertory plates.
- Torches (two people): Light with fire before service, carry during service, extinguish after service.
At Christ Church, acolytes receive recognition for their service. Acolytes have a cross and ribbon hanging for them by name in our Acolyte Room.
Sign your children up to acolyte whether they have done it before or not! We can train them anytime – even before the service on Sunday morning! Check out: Acolyte Words to Know/CCW A Customary for Acolytes
To sign up: use the form below or email Megan Miller, Director of Youth Ministries.
Below is a list of dates/services.
- May 19 – Teacher Recognition
- May 26
- June 2 – Acolyte Recognition
- June 9 – Pentecost & Choir Recognition
Contact Megan Miller by email, or call the the church office at 847-446-2850.