Health and Safety: Covid-19 Update
Outdoor Worship on the Church Patio
During the week we offer worship on the patio at Church on the Hill.
Communion in Cars with Clergy
Also see the Thursday News for that week’s “Communion in Cars” bulletin.
Things to consider as we “try on” new ways to gather in person for prayer, support and worship:
Our faith teaches us to be concerned for others as much or more than we are concerned for ourselves. Our outdoor worship will be a living laboratory to exercise that principle.
Each of us will have to remind each other to maintain healthy boundaries at all times. Each of us will have to love each other enough to observe these guidelines even if we consider ourselves to be at low risk and have not come into contact with the virus.
We have spent a great deal of time preparing for re-gathering. When we meet in person, things will be very different from our gatherings before we were all instructed to stay at home. For example–we will be wearing masks, we will be social distancing, celebrating outside, and we will not be passing anything to one another. We know that none of these requirements is particularly pleasant, but each precaution taken is designed with the safety of all our parishioners in mind.
Morning and Evening Worship on the Church Patio
Do I need reservations?
- Reservations are required for our Church Patio Service, as we will need to limit the number of people in a service so that we are prepared to serve you during worship.
- A reservation for each individual family member must be made for them to attend an outdoor service in advance. Reservations can be made through our new database, Realm. You may either do this on your computer/iPad by clicking here , or via the new phone app, Realm Connect.
- If you have not already signed into Realm for the first time, now would be a good time to do so. You may do this by clicking here.
- At this time, we are limiting attendance to no more than 14 at each service.
- You will not be able to register for attendance at the door even if there are less than 14 members present for the service.
Where is the service held?
- All services will be held outdoors on the patio of Church House.
- Services are “weather permitting”. If the weather is threatening, you will be updated via the Realm app, Realm Connect, one hour before the service. Once a decision is made to cancel a service, it will not be rescheduled for a later time that day.
- Families may enter the churchyard at the Parish House entrance only, which is located near Sheridan Road and Humboldt Ave.
- Upon completion of the service, families will be invited to exit immediately.
- No coffee or gathering will be scheduled after the service.
How do I enter the service?
- Families can enter through the Parish House entrance of the Churchyard.
- Families and individuals will be directed to one of the assigned seats on the patio as they arrive for service and will be required to remain in that location throughout the service.
- Prior to entry, each participant will have their temperature scanned by an infrared thermometer. Any participant with an irregular temperature will not be allowed to enter the worship space for their safety and that of the other participants.
- Each participant will be required to disinfect their hands with sanitizer prior to seating.
- Names of all participants will be maintained for contact tracing purposes should the need arise.
What else do I need to know?
- Individuals must wear masks at all times, covering both nose and mouth.
- Restroom facilities will not be available for use prior to, during, or following outdoor services, except in cases of emergency. In that case, the bathrooms upstairs at Church House must be used.
- Children must remain with their families at all times.
- Please refrain from any contact with others, including hugs, handshakes, etc.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate your furry family members at outdoor services until further notice. Men with beards, however, are welcome.
Self-Check Health Assessment
To keep everyone as safe as possible, we are following local guidelines and asking everyone to self-check for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors before entering our locations.
Self-Check Health Assessment Questions:
- Have you or any member of your household had any COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, chills, muscle pain, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell) in the past 24 hours or had a temperature that is elevated for you, 100.4 F or greater? Have you had a COVID-19 test and are awaiting results?
- Have you or any member of your household had any close contact in the last 14 days with someone with a diagnosis of COVID-19?
- Have you or any member of your household traveled internationally or outside of the state in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household visited or received treatment in a hospital, nursing home, long-term care, or other health care facility in the past 30 days?
- Are you or anyone in your household a health care provider or emergency responder that may potentially have a high level of exposure to COVID-19?
If you answer yes to #1 or #2, we are unable to have you on gather at this time. Please monitor your health and we hope to see you back soon.
If you answer yes to #3, #4 or #5 please evaluate the environments you’ve been exposed to and if there’s any reason to reconsider being in a large community gathering, or email Christopher with questions.
We look forward to seeing you on the patio in August! If you have any questions, just give us a call.Peace,