Sunday Morning Worship in the Sanctuary
We are (cautiously) thrilled to welcome you back to Christ Church for a modest return to in-person worship at 8AM on Sundays at the Church on the Hill.
- You must make a reservation on Realm to attend. You may register HERE. We need a record of your attendance in case the need for contact tracing arises.
- Our service will not include singing at this time. It will be no more than 35 minutes in duration.
- As we begin to gather again, we ask that you bring bread and wine from home and consume it in your pew after the prayer of consecration. If all goes well over the next few weeks, we may return to communion standing up in the nave of the church. We will not be kneeling at the altar rail next to each other anytime soon.
- Do not attend if you: have any symptoms, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last two weeks, or have traveled to a destination from which the state of Illinois requires you to quarantine. Click Here for the current Cook County quarantine list.
- Click Here for the health questionnaire link from the CDC and do not attend if you answer ‘yes’ to any of the 14 questions.
- You are asked to enter the church at the Sheridan Road or Humboldt Drive entrances. If you need the access entrance, please enter through the Prevost Cloister. When you enter, check in at the Welcome Table in the narthex (back of the church). The Church House will be closed throughout our services except for emergency bathroom visits downstairs.
- Always wear your face mask except when partaking of the bread at communion.
- Maintain six feet from others except members of your family.
- Use hand sanitizer when you enter the church.
- Please sit only in the designated seats. We have measured them to ensure that people who are not from the same household will maintain a safe distance.
- At the exchange of the Peace, wave, bow, or offer some other contactless gesture while maintaining a safe distance.
- The collection plate will not be passed in the pews or brought to the altar. Place contributions in the Alms Basin found at the back of the church in the narthex.
- Follow any special directions the usher offers to help us maintain safety.
- At the conclusion of the service, please use all the exits available to avoid breaking social distance.
Communion in Cars with Clergy
Join us for Virtual Worship Each Sunday
In this time of isolation, and uncertainty, when normal routines are on hold, we are re-imagining what it means to be Winnetka’s “Church on the Hill” in the digital world. Through God, we are discovering and reinterpreting the connections and practices that have sustained our community through past uncertainty.