Who: Anyone who is starting 7th in the Fall of 2019 or older! Bring friends!
When: Saturday, June 15 – Saturday, June 22, 2019
Where: Detroit, MI
What: Direct Service through Children’s Camps and/or Food Kitchens & Greening and Light Construction to Clean Up the Streets of Detroit
Registration Fee: $795
In June 2019, the youth of Christ Church will drive to Detroit, MI to serve the community and explore the city. We will:
- worship with the historic, vibrant, and nontraditional downtown Episcopal congregation: The Church of the Messiah.
- explore the parks, museums, historic buildings, and restaurants of Detroit.
- stay at the Metropolitan United Methodist Church in downtown Detroit.
- work at a few different sites to do a variety of service – some direct service with the people and some manual labor with the buildings, urban farms, and streets of Detroit.
- work with Motown Mission, which is an experienced “urban work mission destination” established in 2005.
- travel together, eat together, work together, worship together, and have fun together!
Please register by February 28, 2019.
To register, please:
- Complete the Mission Trip Registration Form below.
- Click “Submit.”
- Check that you receive the “Thank you” confirmation page.
If you have any questions or have trouble registering, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit the registration fee, you can mail a check or pay online.
To pay by check, please make the check out to “Christ Church” and mail it to:
Attention: Megan Miller
470 Maple Street
Winnetka, IL 60093