RUMMAGE CALENDAR 2019
September 21 Flyover (8:00 am – 2:30 pm)
September 22 Furniture Flyover (9:00 am – 4:00 pm)
September 23-October 1 Fall Sale Set Up (see below)
October 2 Morning Rummage Worship (8:15 am)
October 2 Pre-Sale (9 am – 3:00 pm)
October 3 95th Rummage Sale (7:00 am – 3 pm)
October 3 THE AFTER PARTY (4:00 pm)
October 5 Fly-back (9:00 am – 11:00 am)
- Monday, September 23: 9 am – 3 pm
- Tuesday, September 24: 9 am – 3 pm
- Wednesday, September 25: 9 am – 3pm
- Thursday, September 26: 9 am – 3 pm
- Friday, September 27: 9 am – noon
- Tuesday, October 1: 9 am – noon
- Wednesday, October 2: 9 am – 3 pm
- Thursday, October: 9 am – 5 pm
September 23-October 1 Parish House Nursery Room (across from the Office)
October 2-3: Willow Wood Preschool School (third floor of the Parish House)
Rules for Use:
For the safety and well-being of all children, your cooperation in adhering to the following rules is appreciated:
- Please have your child visit the restroom before dropping him/her off at the Nursery.
- Do not bring sick children. We follow the same guidelines used by preschools regarding runny noses, coughs, and fevers.
- Please share special information that you want the sitters to know.
- Label everything you bring for your child.
- Check on your child during the day and monitor lunch.
- Do not leave the premises while your children are in the nursery.
Weekdays during setup, we will provide complimentary coffee, bottled water and snacks in the Parish House Kitchen, which is located in the basement of 470 Maple Street. Homemade and store-bought treats are always welcome. If you are interested in donating food to help nourish volunteers, please contact Darlene McKinney at 847-922-8053.
Worker’s Lunches are back by popular demand. Lunch will be provided:
- Wednesday, September 25: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 1: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 2: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
To help keep Rummage expenses in check, we are charging $5.00 for lunches.
September 23 – October 3
The Winnetka Police have agreed to be lenient regarding parking time zones for volunteers displaying a Rummage Worker Sign on their dashboards. Parking tickets will be issued for normal violations including parking in special permit areas (Maple & Lincoln); no parking zones; blocking of driveways, crosswalks or fire hydrants. Please be mindful of where you park!
PRE-SALE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2
People Donate. You Shop. We Give Net Proceeds To Those In Need. It’s A Beautiful Cycle.
Please keep our motto in mind when shopping – it’s what we call Shopping In The Spirit of Rummage!
- No selling may take place BEFORE, WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2 at 9 AM.
- All purchases during the Pre-Sale will have a 25% MARKUP.
- Any purchases made between 9 AM on OCTOBER 2 and 8:00 AM on OCTOBER 3 will be marked up 25%. Items may not be set aside for purchase after the mark-up expires.
Volunteer Pre-Sale Shopping takes place on Wednesday, October 2 between 10:30 am and 3:00 pm.
Only Department Chairmen and Christ Church Staff are entitled to shop between 9:00 am and 10:30 am.
Volunteer Pre-Sale Shopping Eligibility:
Workers who have contributed at least 10 hours of work prior to Sale Day AND are committed to working at least one 2-hour shift during both the Pre-Sale and Sale Day are entitled to pre-sale shopping. All shoppers must have an approved Pre-Sale sticker on their name tag, which will be distributed by your Department Chair(s).
SALE DAY: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3
Sale Day Access:
Security will be on-site until the Sale opens at 7 am. Badges are required for early morning access. The Security Guard will be using them as a way to differentiate shoppers and volunteers.
Doors will open at 4:00 pm! Results will be announced as close to 4:30 as possible.
Reward yourself with snacks & beverages in The Great Hall (located in the lower floor of the parish house.) It’s fun to trade the day’s stories, complain about your aching feet to sympathetic ears and hear the first financial report.
Weekdays during setup, members of the Rummage Steering Committee will staff the Information Desk, which is located in the office at the Parish House (easily accessed via the bridge in the Maple Street Parking Lot. Hours are 9:00 am and 3:00 pm. Stop by the desk to pick up your Badge and Dashboard Volunteer Signs or, for answers to any questions you might have about set up and Sale Days. Be sure to check for updates on the Bulletin Boards located in the entryway of the Schroeder Building, the lobby of the Parish House and the Parish House Kitchen.
Teamwork Makes OUR Dream Work!